Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3/4 pound ground chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 1 jar of Monte Bene Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Halve zucchini lengthwise; place cut side down in a baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, scoop out seeds, leaving a 1/4-in. shell.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook ground chicken, onion, green pepper, salt, pepper and garlic over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, breaking up chicken into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in ½ the sauce, letting simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon mixture into zucchini shells.
- Pour the remaining sauce on the bottom of ungreased baking dish.
- Place stuffed zucchini shells on top of sauce, sprinkle with 3/4 cup Italian cheese blend.
- Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer.