We're all about quick and easy dinners, especially when they involve pasta. We found a perfect dish that combines our two favorite qualities in a dish: cheesy and spicy! Use Monte Bene Spicy Marinara for this classic Stuffed Shells recipe.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3/4 lb. jumbo pasta shells
- Kosher salt
- 1 (16-oz.) container ricotta
- 1/2 (10-oz.) box frozen spinach, thawed, wrung out, and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella oz. refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 jar Monte Bene Spicy Marinara Pasta Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray or oil. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook jumbo shells according to package instructions until al dente.
- Drain, then scatter on prepared baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, spinach, egg, Parmesan, garlic, and lemon zest. Season with salt. Transfer mixture to a piping bag or a large resealable plastic bag and snip one corner.
- Spread a layer of
- Monte Bene Spicy Marinara Pasta Saucesauce into bottom of large skillet or medium baking dish. Fill each shell with ricotta mixture then place on top of sauce in concentric circles in an even layer. Top with more sauce and mozzarella. Place another layer of filled shells on top then spread more sauce on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella.