Thank you, Sara's Organic Eats for the wonderful post featuring our Tomato Basil pasta sauce!
Roasted garlic is a staple in Italian cooking. The aroma and flavor of roasted garlic send your taste buds on a trip to Italy. This roasted garlic ricotta penne recipe is an easy dish to make for a weeknight dinner. It is filled with a magnitude of flavor from each of the ingredients. Your family will love it!
- 1 jar Monte Bene Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 16 oz (1 pound) penne, cooked
- 10 cloves (about 1 bulb) of garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Fresh basil leaf (optional)
- Heat Monte Bene Tomato Basil sauce in a small saucepan on low for about 10-15 minutes.
- Boil about 4 cups of water in a pot on high heat.
- Once the water is rapidly boiling add in 16 ounces of penne.
- Cook penne according to package or until desired consistency.
- In another pan, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add 10 peeled garlic cloves.
- Sauté garlic for about 5 minutes. Keep stirring the garlic so that it doesn’t burn. Set aside.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and add it back to the pot.
- Add the sauce to the penne and mix until combined.
- Add in the roasted garlic and the remaining olive oil from the pan to the penne mixture.
- Mix until combined.
- Once combined, serve in a bowl.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese (per each serving), 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, and a fresh basil leaf.