Serves 6 to 8
- 1 jar Monte Bene Spicy Marinara pasta sauce
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 cups mushrooms, washed and chopped
- 1 can kidney beans with liquid
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup chives, diced.
In a large stock pot, crumble beef over medium heat. Add onion and cook until beef is browned, stirring frequently. Drain if necessary. Add Monte Bene Spicy Marinara pasta sauce, wine, tomatoes, mushrooms, pepper, chili and cumin and bring to a boil. Lower heat, add beans and cover and allow to simmer for 30 minutes, until flavors are well blended. Taste and add extra seasonings as desired. Top with freshly grated cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and fresh chives.