- 1 jar Monte Bene Spicy Marinara pasta sauce
- 4 bell peppers (whatever color you prefer)
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated or chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
Remove the tops of the bell peppers and then scoop out the seeds and inner-membranes. Bring a pot of water to boil and place the peppers into the boiling water for about 1-1 1/2 minutes. Remove peppers (carefully!), rinse with cold water, and turn upside down on a plate/paper towel to drain.
In a skillet, cook the ground meat and onion. Add the jar of Monte Bene Spicy Marinara pasta sauce and zucchini to the skillet. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in mozzarella cheese and then fill each pepper with sauce mixture.
Place peppers in a baking/casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through. Remove them from the oven and plate.
Suggested side: white or brown riceContinue reading