- 4 medium zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. loose Italian sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups Monte Bene Garlic Marinara pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, finely grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shaved
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. With a spoon, scoop out the flesh from the interior of the zucchini, so they resemble boats. Place the zucchini boats in a baking dish. Cut the scooped out zucchini flesh into bite sized pieces.
In a medium pan over medium-high heat, cook the Italian sausage for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, onion, chopped zucchini, Monte Bene Garlic Marinara pasta sauce and salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl, mix together the Parmesan, mozzarella, breadcrumbs and parsley.
Spoon in and mound the sausage mixture into the zucchini boats. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over top. Place in oven and bake 20 minutes. Let cook for 5 minutes and serve.