Traditional spaghetti? Look closer. For those who love a more creative take on the classic Italian dish, try using vegetables in place of your pasta! Monte Bene Garlic Marinara pasta sauce sits atop a bed of spaghetti squash with chicken in this mouth-watering, flavorful meal sure to satisfy every member of the family at the dinner table.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
- 2 (1½ lb) squash
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 jar of Monte Bene Garlic Marinara
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion (from 1 large onion)
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Optional: ¼ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Optional: ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, on a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until tender when pierced with a knife, about 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- Scrape and scoop out strands with a fork, leaving a ½-inch border on sides and bottom. Place squash strands in a large bowl and set aside. Increase oven temperature to 450° F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until just caramelized, about 2 minutes. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in Monte Bene Garlic Marinara sauce and crushed red pepper.
- Add chicken mixture to bowl with squash and toss to combine. Spoon mixture evenly into squash shells. If desired, top with Mozzarella and Parmesan.