Serves 4 to 6
- 1 jar Monte Bene Spicy Marinara pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup water
- 1 half a medium sized white onion, diced
- 1 to 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Fresh basil leaves or parsley
- 1 lb. grass-feed ground beef
- 1/2 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. pepper
Preheat oven to 450. In a large bowl, combine beef, combine all of the meatball ingredients. Mix using your hands or a large spoon. Shape meatballs into 1” balls and place in a large baking dish. Add 1/8” film of water to the baking dish to keep the meatballs moist. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until meatballs are heated through (slice open one meatball to determine how well-done it is).
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium sized sauce pan. Add onion and sauté until slightly translucent. Reduce heat and add Monte Bene Spicy Marinara pasta sauce and water. Simmer on low, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes, until hot. Add salt and pepper and fresh oregano.
When the meatballs are done, ladle the tomato soup into bowls. Add 3 or 4 meatballs to each bowl and garnish with fresh basil or parsley. Serve warm with grated Pecorino Romano.