Need help jumpstarting your day? Need help organizing your days so that you're more focused and alert for whatever comes your way? Read on for tips to be more productive throughout your day!
Better focus at work starts with intentional planning the night before -
- Finish your To-Do list the night before. Plan ahead and write out your to-do list before heading to bed or as the last thing you do before you leave the office. You’ll know what you didn’t get done that day and have a better sense of what needs to be done the next day.
- Pick out your outfit ahead of time. Studies show that women spend on avg. about 12min and/ or are late for work at least once a week due to indecision about what to wear. Cut down on this anxiety by picking out your outfit before climbing into your pj’s.
- Unplug and relax. Put away the devices at least a half hour before heading to bed and allow your body and mind to relax – meditate and do some stretches
- The Heroic Minute. Don’t hit snooze. This leads to grogginess and wastes the last few minutes of sleep
- Energize with Breakfast. DO have breakfast. This will help you kickstart the rest of your day with energy! Save time in the kitchen by preparing your breakfast the night before – smoothies. Or make a batch of muffins or granola (see recipe below) over the weekend for quick and healthy weekday breakfasts.
Delicious and Easy Granola
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 cup almonds (or other nuts, chopped)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsbp ground flax seed
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil
- 2⁄3 cup honey (raw, for maximum health benefits)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine oats, nuts, salt, cinnamon and flax in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine oil, honey and vanilla in another, smaller bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry - you may need to use your hands.
- Then spread the mixture onto two cookie sheets lined with foil or parchment.
- Bake 10 minutes. Then remove from oven and stir.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- When cooled, transfer into an airtight container for storage.
Enjoy with yogurt and fruit for a delicious and healthy breakfast that will quickly get you on your way!Continue reading