Last week we discussed the importance of cooking with kids and the many benefits it has to offer. This week, we will continue by giving you a great recipe that is super easy and fun to make with kids of any age—even toddlers!
Kids love pizza and it’s one simple meal that packs in a great amount of creativity!
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cup water (warm but not hot)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 1/2 cups flour
(to save time, instead of making your own yeast dough, you can also use a can or two of Pillsbury pizza dough)
- Add yeast, salt, sugar and water to a bowl and stir to combine. Allow the yeast mixture to begin bubbling and add the Extra Virgil Olive Oil, and start adding the flour until a sticky mass forms using a wooden spoon.
- Once the dough separates from the side of the bowl, take it out and place on a floured surface. Knead by hand for 5-10 minutes or until you have a smooth ball
Kids love kneading the dough! It’s fun to get a little messy with the flour, too!
- Place ball in a bowl that has been oiled, and add a little more olive oil to the top of the ball. Cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rise in a warm place for an hour.
- After an hour, punch the dough down and get all of the air out. Cut the dough into 4 pieces if you want to make 4 kid-sized pies.
Dress the dough with any one of the Monte Bene Cooking Sauces!
The possibilities are endless! This is when the kids can get really creative! Breakfast pizzas, dessert pizzas, the list goes on!